I am loving the blinged out cake toppers but they are so expensive. I created my own with a sheet of card stock and plastic crystals. Here is how I did it:
- Print out a copy of the inspiration topper in the size needed for cake. (I used a 4x7 sized picture)
- Cut out the number from the printed picture.
- Trace the numbers on the back side of card stock & cut them out.
- Get out your trusty glue gun and a pair of tweezers and glue down the crystals in the desired design. ( I followed the inspiriation pic)
- Glue two toothpicks to the back of the numbers (if you want double sided numbers then cut out and glue it to the back side after this step)
- Lastly I added a tulle bow with a heart crystal and hot glued it to the bottom.
This project is a quick, easy & cost efficient way to top a cake or cupcake. It is so easy that my 10 year old did it herself. Try it for your next party with letters or number and themes. The ideas are endless!!!!